Whether your property is commercial or residential, we have the equipment to take care of your snow and ice removal needs. From a small tractor with a 6-foot blade to skid steers with blades as small as 8 feet expanding to 13 feet to front loaders with high-capacity box blades, TNT will clear your property.
Using our 3 in-bed salters, freezing rain or a flash freeze is no problem. Add our qualified and trained staff and broker network and you have the formula for successful snow and ice management.
TNT is highly organized. Our company only offers time-slot service. Once all contracts have been returned, a letter will be issued to all our clients (mid- to end-October) confirming your time slot for opening up driveways and to further clarify our arrival times for returning to the site for clean-up.
If ice melting services is a contractual obligation, TNT will provide daily inspections of the property looking for icy situations. A semi-monthly report of ice melting products usage will accompany the semi-monthly billings.
Shortage is not a word our clients hear. That’s why in 2011, TNT opened its salt supply yard. We buy direct from the mines and the bulk of our road salt is kept dry indoors throughout the winter. We offer a variety of salt and ice melter bags for purchase. We can drop off bags to each doorstep of a townhouse complex.
Winter Clearing Schedule Reminders
To prepare for our visit:
Note: If the City of Kitchener or City of Waterloo declares a ‘snow event/snow day’, then we will scrape the next available day. Under NO circumstances do we wish to break the bylaws or have any vehicles ticketed and/or towed due to lot clean-ups.
TNT has implemented a map system in which all vehicles carry maps of our contracted properties. The map system eliminates confusion with respect to timing and what services are included in the contract.
Maps are colour coded as follows:
We at TNT Property Maintenance have established commitments for salt usage and ice melting.
1. To promote good snow and ice management practices with the goal of reducing the use of salt on Canada’s roadways, parking lots and sidewalks.
2. To keep accurate tracking records of weather conditions/reports, storm watch/advisories, services performed, salt usage and site conditions.
3. To operate within a framework of environmental stewardship, respecting the diversity of ecosystems and protecting the environment in a manner consistent with ensuring public safety.
4. To administer an education and training program that verifies that our staff and sub-contractors involved in snow and ice operations operate in a manner consistent with ensuring public safety while protecting the environment.
5. To research and disseminate snow and ice best practices from the snow operations, property owner/ manager and public service perspective.
6. To strive to continually learn and improve our knowledge of snow and ice activities through:
● Networking with other Smart About Salt Contractors
● Attending Educational Conferences
● Committee Participation for Smart About Salt Program within Landscape Ontario
● Committee Participation for Parking Lot Research through Landscape Ontario
7. Maintain memberships with:
Hauling snow piles off site is one option for businesses and condominiums. But, have you really considered your options?
When hauling, there is always the cost factor for the front end loader and the numerous trucks that run back and forth from your site to the dumping location. What is the environmental impact? What is the 'carbon footprint' of all those machines and trucks being in use for hours on end? What is the hourly cost of the loader, trucks and the dumping charges?
If your snow piles are located close to an open space (greenspace, woodlot) our front end loader can easily blow back fresh snow piles in about 1/5th of the time it takes for all those trucks to haul off site.
Contact the office to get on the list!