With multiple salters, equipment, and plows, no storm is a problem. Add our qualified and trained staff and operators, and you have the formula for successful large commercial snow and ice management
If ice melting services is a contractual obligation, TNT will provide daily inspections of the property looking for icy situations. A semi-monthly report of ice melting products usage will accompany the semi-monthly billings.
Shortage is not a word our clients hear. That’s why in 2011, TNT opened its salt supply yard. We buy direct from the mines and the bulk of our road salt is kept dry indoors throughout the winter. We offer a variety of salt and ice melter bags for purchase. We can drop off bags to each doorstep of a townhouse complex.
Winter Clearing Schedule Reminders
To prepare for our visit:
Note: If the City of Kitchener or City of Waterloo declares a ‘snow event/snow day’, then we will scrape the next available day. Under NO circumstances do we wish to break the bylaws or have any vehicles ticketed and/or towed due to lot clean-ups.
TNT has implemented a map system in which all vehicles carry maps of our contracted properties. The map system eliminates confusion with respect to timing and what services are included in the contract.
Maps are colour coded as follows:
We at TNT Property Maintenance have established commitments for salt usage and ice melting.
1. To promote good snow and ice management practices with the goal of reducing the use of salt on Canada’s roadways, parking lots and sidewalks.
2. To keep accurate tracking records of weather conditions/reports, storm watch/advisories, services performed, salt usage and site conditions.
3. To operate within a framework of environmental stewardship, respecting the diversity of ecosystems and protecting the environment in a manner consistent with ensuring public safety.
4. To administer an education and training program that verifies that our staff and sub-contractors involved in snow and ice operations operate in a manner consistent with ensuring public safety while protecting the environment.
5. Maintain memberships with:
Hauling snow piles off site is one option for businesses and condominiums. But, have you really considered your options?
When hauling, there is always the cost factor for the front end loader and the numerous trucks that run back and forth from your site to the dumping location. What is the environmental impact? What is the 'carbon footprint' of all those machines and trucks being in use for hours on end? What is the hourly cost of the loader, trucks and the dumping charges?
If your snow piles are located close to an open space (greenspace, woodlot) our front end loader can easily blow back fresh snow piles in about 1/5th of the time it takes for all those trucks to haul off site.
Contact the office to get on the list!