TNT Property Maintenance Company Profile
TNT Property Maintenance provides landscape design and installation services including interlocking stone, retaining walls, decks, fencing and grading and drainage solutions for our clients in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. We are experts in permeable driveways, patios and French drain systems.
Meet the Owners
Rob Tester, Landscape Designer, Projects Manager, Stormwater Solutions Specialist with Linda Tester, Co-owner
Co-owner Rob Tester has been actively involved in landscaping since he was a teenager working for his Uncle’s business in Toronto (areas such as the Bridalpath). After high school, Rob pursued a career as a licensed Chef, studying at Humber College and working at the Nottawasaga Inn, Holiday Inn and Belamy’s Restaurants just to name a few. His passion at that time was creating a culinary experience both in flavours and textures for the pallet, but also pleasing to the eye. In 1993 Robert began TNT….a company that renovated homes on the interior and exterior, including landscaping. Passion took over once again for creativity and soon the company changed direction to only offer exceptional landscape services including unique design/build.
Throughout the years Rob has continued his studies within landscaping and actively volunteers with Landscape Ontario and Skills Ontario.
Rob has earned a designation as a Certified Health & Safety Representative and is 100% committed to safe work practices. Rob has also completed his certification by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) as a Concrete Paver Installer, Permeable Pavement Installer and an instructor for Concrete Paver Installations.
If you are looking for a change in your landscape, Rob will be the one to come and visit your project, ask some pertinent questions and provide you with a quote. Be prepared to have/give Rob some idea of what you will be using the space for, the colours you like in your garden and any future projects you may have in mind (as sometimes it is better to plan ahead).
Co-owner Linda Tester came to TNT with her BA through University of Waterloo, majoring in Economics. Linda is in charge of the general office duties – invoicing, receivables, and payables. She is also TNT’s CHSO: Construction Health & Safety Officer, responsible for providing training to staff on such things as WHMIS, traffic control, confined space, scaffolds and trenching. Linda has also earned her designation as a Certified Health & Safety Representative, is 100% committed to safe work practices and is responsible for TNT’s Safety Program development.
Linda can be found in the office about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time is spent on the job sites performing site inspections or physically performing the work.
At TNT Property Maintenance, we believe that our involvement in the community can make a difference. As responsible corporate citizens, TNT is committed to supporting local charities and their projects, community events and organizations, and causes that enhance the lives of those living and working here in Kitchener. Our support ranges from donations of cash, items to be used at auctions, and, most importantly, active participation and volunteering.
Helping High School Students Get Green
Big business likes to align itself with higher education. In the Waterloo Region, there is almost an embarrassment of riches when it comes to the support that successful companies give to the universities and colleges. While millions are being given to the University of Waterloo and Conestoga College, who is helping high schools students?
For over 15 years, TNT has made it part of our business philosophy to bring our horticultural expertise to the secondary-school curriculum and create opportunities for young people to excel in this industry. From founding the Annual Regional Landscape Skills Competitions for Secondary Students to chairing the Waterloo Region District School Board’s landscape/horticulture advisory council or organizing Skills Ontario competitions for landscape students, Rob Tester thrives on seeing young men and women blossom into avid horticulturists as they immerse themselves in the hands-on world of landscaping.
Offering these kids an opportunity to learn about environmental stewardship and creating living, growing spaces and knowing that some of them will continue in this skilled trade is very fulfilling.
TNT is proud to have supported these very worthwhile causes:
- 24th Kitchener Cubs and Scout Groups (Leader)
- 80 Spitfire Air Cadet Squadron, Parent Council and Civilian Instructor
- Communitech, Speakers Bureau Presenter
- Evergreen Foundation, in Support of Healthy and Vibrant Outdoor Spaces in Local School Grounds
- Fast Forward Program, Sector Advisor for Horticulture and Construction Programs in Both the Public and Catholic School Boards
- Grand River Regional Cancer Centre
- Grand Valley Institute for Women, Industry Advisor for the CNLA Accreditation Committee
- Habitat for Humanity, St. Anthony Daniel Build
- Judge for the National Skills Canada Competition, Landscaping (2010)
- Kitchener Lions Club, Benefit Christmas Magic Show in Support of Dog Guides, Canine Vision Canada
- Kitchener Rangers
- Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce, Golf Tournament
- KCI, Horticulture Program and Co-Op Placements
- Ministry of Education, Industry Advisor for High School Horticulture Curriculum
- Old-Timers’ Hockey Challenge, in Support of Special Olympics
- Regional Skills Canada Competition, Horticulture, in Support of OYAP
- Rotary Dream Home
- Shrine Circus, in Support of Shriners Hospitals for Children
- St. Anthony Daniel Golf Tournament, in Support of the Parish Life Centre
- St. Mary's High School, Community Representative, in Support of SALEP
- Chair of the Skills Ontario Landscape Build Competition
TNT Property Maintenance Inc. is committed to a positive and lasting partnership within our community while creating and maintaining outdoor spaces through work excellence, safety dedication and environmental stewardship.
TNT Property Maintenance is committed to the following standards and organizations:
● Landscape Ontario Approved Professional Member
● Infrastructure Health & Safety Association of Ontario Member
● Promote Education within Our Staff and Industry
● TNT Maintains $2 Million in Business Insurance
● Dedicated to Serve Our Clients with Integrity, Knowledge and Creative Ability
● Promote Open Communication with All Clients and within Our Team Environment
● Committed to Provide the Highest Quality Service with Excellence and Consistency
● Honest and Ethical in All Our Business Activities; Holding Fast to Our Professional Convictions
● Comply Fully with Occupational Health and Safety, WSIB, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Transportation, and Ministry of the Environment Requirements and Guidelines
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Management of TNT Property Maintenance Inc. is committed to promoting health and safety within our varied work environments, with an emphasis on preventing workers from injury and occupational illness. TNT will make every effort to provide a safe and healthy work environment. All management, supervisors, sub-contractors and workers must be dedicated to the continuous objective of workplace safety.
At TNT Property Maintenance Inc., legislative requirements such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act will serve as minimum acceptable standards.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act is based on the Internal Responsibility System, the principle that workers and management share responsibility for health and safety. To support this commitment, management, supervisors and workers share a joint responsibility to implement and maintain an Internal Responsibility System directed at reducing and preventing hazards, incidents, injuries and accidents resulting in -occupational injuries, diseases and illnesses. Copies of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and TNT Property Maintenance Inc.’s Occupational Health and Safety Manual, are located in all designated worksites such as the office, the shop, and in all TNT Property Maintenance Inc. vehicles.
All management, supervisors, or workers who supervise other workers are responsible and accountable for the health and safety of those under their supervision and are responsible to ensure that machinery and equipment are safe and that all workers, including sub-contractors, work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and with established safe work practices and procedures. Supervisors and workers will be proactive to attain adequate training in all relevant work tasks and to understand and implement their rights and responsibilities for both individual and joint health and safety.
Every worker must protect their own health and safety by following the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulations for Construction Projects, and the Workplace Safety Insurance Act, in addition to safe work practices and procedures. All hazards and incidents must be immediately reported to supervisors or management.
Every worker is expected to consider health and safety in every activity. Commitment to health and safety must form an integral part of TNT Property Maintenance Inc. As management, part of our commitment is the ongoing upkeep of the Safety Groups Program. As such, we are committed to making continuous improvements by reviewing policies and communication methods, making recommendations for change, and recording successes and failures. Participation in this program is both welcomed and encouraged.